Раздел 1 passive voice
|Present simple||Am/is/are V3(ed)|
|Pat simple||Was/were V3(ed)|
|Future simple||Will be V3(ed)|
|Present perfect||Have/has been V3(ed)|
|Past perfect||Had been V3(ed)|
|Future perfect||Will have been V3(ed)|
|Present continuous||Am/is/are being V3(ed)|
|Past continuous||Was/were being V3(ed)|
Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на пассивную конструкцию. Определите время.
1. My grandfather was a builder. He built this house in 1930. This house was built in 1930 by my grandfather .
2. It's a big company. It employs two hundred people. Two hundred people are employed by the company.
3. A lot of money was stolen in the robbery.
4. Is this room cleaned every day?
5. Many accidents are caused by careless driving.
6. I'm not often invited to parties.
7. A new supermarket is going to be built next year.
8. Please go away. I want to be left alone.
9. The room looks nice. Somebody has cleaned it.
10. The room looks nice. It has been clean.
11. Have you heard the news? The President has been shot!
12. 'Are you going to the party?' 'No, I haven't been invited.'
13. The vegetables didn't taste very good. They had been cooked for too long.
14. The room is being cleaned at the moment.
15. (in a shop) 'Can I help you, madam?' 'No, thank you. I'm being served.'
16. The room was being cleaned when I arrived.
17. There was somebody walking behind us. We were being followed.
18. I was offered the job but I refused it.
19. You will be given plenty of time to decide.
20. Have you been shown the new machine?
1.2. Complete the sentences using one of these verbs in the correct form:
cause damage hold include invite make overtake show translate write
1. Many accidents are caused by dangerous driving.
2. Cheese ______from milk.
3. The roof of the building ______in a storm a few days ago.
4. There's no need to leave a tip. Service ______ in the bill.
5. You ______ to the wedding. Why didn't you go?
6. A cinema is a place where films ______
7. In the United States, elections for President ______ every four years.
8. Originally the book ______ in Spanish and a few years ago it
9. We were driving along quite fast but we ______ by lots of other cars.
Write questions using the passive. Some are present and some are past.
1. Ask about the telephone. (when/invent?)
When was the telephone invented?
2. Ask about glass. (how/make?) How ______
3. Ask about Australia. (when/discover?) ______
4. Ask about silver. (what/use for?) ______
5. Ask about television. (when/invent?) ______
Put the verb into the correct form, present simple or past simple, active or passive.
1. It's a big factory. Five hundred people are employed (employ) there.
2. Water ______ (cover) most of the Earth's surface.
3. Most of the Earth's surface ______ (cover) by water.
4. The park gates ______ (lock) at 6.30 p.m. every evening.
5. The letter ______ (post) a week ago and it ______ (arrive) yesterday.
6. The boat ______ (sink) quickly but fortunately everybody ______ (rescue).
7. Ron's parents ______ (die) when he was very young. He and his sister ______ (bring) up by their grandparents.
8. I was born in London but I ______ (grow) up in the north of England.
9. While I was on holiday, my camera ______ (steal) from my hotel room.
10. While I was on holiday, my camera ______ (disappear) from my hotel room.
11. Why ______ (Sue/resign) from her job? Didn't she enjoy it?
12. Why ______ (Bill/sack) from his job? What did he do wrong?
13. The company is not independent. It ______ (own) by a much larger company.
14. I saw an accident last night. Somebody ______ (call) an ambulance but nobody ______ (injure) so the ambulance ______ (not/need).
15. Where ______ (these photographs/take)? In London? ______ (you/take) them?
Rewrite these sentences. Instead of using 'somebody' or 'they', write a passive sentence.
1. Somebody has cleaned the room. The room has been cleaned.
2. They have postponed the concert. The ______
3. Somebody is using the computer at the moment. The computer ______
4. I didn't realise that somebody was recording our conversation. I didn't realise that ______ 5. When we got to the stadium we found that they had cancelled the game. When we got to the stadium, we found that ______
6. They are building a new ring road round the city. ______
7. They have built a new hospital near the airport. ______
tkj.deutsch-service.ru refapik.ostref.ru scj.deutsch-service.ru refaokd.ostref.ru Главная Страница